Okay. I promised myself I would not succumb to drawing up a Top Ten list for the new decade. Since I am a keeper of promises, I present my Top Seventeen list.
And just so you know, my December 31, 2009 resolutions list was drafted on January 02, 2010, and is presented in no particular priority order:
1) No more procrastinating, disorganization, dithering (trifecta!).
2) No more state DFL conventions, ever.
3) No more Sarah Palin.* (Note: I don't understand what this means either.)
4) More fresh vegetables, less chocolate (hell, why not? I’m allergic to it)
5) No more swearing, dammit!
6) More exercise. (Obligatory item for lists like this one.)
7) Consider friend’s challenge to consider writing my considerable life story (note considerably cautious commitment)
8) Kick alliteration habit. Read on.
9) Adjust to absolute certainty that Robert Kincaid will not pull into my driveway.
10) Read more non-fiction (this is doomed to failure)
11) Become a better friend, sister, mom, gramee.
12) Punish my greedy big bank severely by withdrawing my tiny sum o’money and placing it elsewhere.
13) Post at least one blog entry per week (bwahahahahaha!)
14) Think about drinking milk.
15) Move big furniture to vacuum underneath same sometime in coming decade.
16) See at least one movie per month, even if I have to do it alone.
17) Maintain normal blood-pressure during 2010 election cycle. (This may require heavy-duty drugs.)
* RE: number 3: applicable also to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, PeeWee Herman, Brangelina, TPaw, Michele Bachmann, nasty lefty bloggers, and a bipartisan nod to Rahm Emanuel and Timothy Geithner, and a big loop back to Darth Cheney.
Please feel free to add your own.
And there you have it. Happy New Year!!